Monday, May 18, 2009

Things To Look Forward To


What an interesting week it has been! This semester is proving to be a really great one- I enjoy both my classes and I really am getting along with my roommates. It is so refreshing to not dread coming home every day in fear of a certain roommate being there (and, no, I’m not talking about Kevin). My schedule is the perfect balance between classes, work, and home life. I am really genuinely happy right now and it feels good.

This past week, the first part of the week was difficult and tiring, but the second part was a lot of fun! What made the first part of the week difficult is that I had my first two big tests of the semester and spent all my time on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday studying for them and taking them. On Tuesday, I took my developmental psychology test, and felt pretty good about it. I ended up getting a pretty solid B on the test, which I am happy with. Now that I know what his tests are like, I think I’ll do a lot better on the ones coming up since I know how to study for them now.

The second test, which I took on Wednesday, was a lot more difficult. It was an essay test—I had to write 5 two page essays all in one sitting. My hand started really hurting after about the third essay, but I pushed through to get them all done and finished in about two hours. I don’t know yet how I did on it. I feel pretty confident about it though, I was able to answer each essay question thoroughly.

Wednesday night, after that difficult test, I decide to relax a bit. First, I watched the American Idol results and was ecstatic that Danny got voted off and that it is Adam and Kris in the finals. I have never really understood Danny’s appeal, but Adam and Kris have been my favorites this whole competition, so I’m looking forward to them facing off this week. I’ll admit it, I’m a huge Adam fan and I think he is the best singer to ever come on American Idol (which is hard for me to say because I loved David Cook last year). So, I can’t wait to see what Adam does and to see if he takes the American Idol crown. As an added bonus I won’t be too upset if he loses because I really like Kris as well and would be happy with him winning.

After that, Kevin picked me up and we went to Erin’s house to watch the Lost season finale. We had Papa John’s pizza and chocolate chip cookies. The finale was amazing! Maybe my favorite Lost episode ever! I can’t stop thinking about it, and I will probably be thinking about it for the next 8 months as I wait for the next season to start. Kevin and I talk about it on a daily basis, coming up with new theories and discussing certain aspects of what happened. Lost is the best show ever made. Period.

On Thursday, I had more fun with Kevin and Erin—we went to Boondocks to play miniature golf and some arcade games. The miniature golf was a lot of fun because we didn’t keep score and decided just to have fun and not worry about competition. We joked around a lot (and again talked more about Lost). We played Deal or No Deal, which was funny because out of the four times we played, three times we got the 1 ticket case. I also played some guitar hero against Erin and lost miserably. Oh well, I can’t be the best all the time! (Although I did beat Kevin at Air Hockey 7-1). After all the fun, we dropped off Erin, grabbed some dinner at Bajio, and watched Survivor which was a lot of fun. It was just a great, fun day!
Besides that I’ve just been having a great time hanging out with my roommates. One of my roommates, David, gave a talk and a priesthood lesson at church on Sunday and he did an amazing job on both. I am really impressed with his spirituality—he is quickly becoming a great example to me. We talked about our missions last night and it really made me realize all over again what a great experience it was for me despite the negative things that happened to me. I believe that it is really important that I learn this lesson that my mission was a great experience because I had the same revelation last semester and it is being re-taught to me this semester.

I’ll also add that it was great talking to my mom on Mother’s day. I have the greatest mom in the world and I really appreciate all she has done for me in my life. Without her, I would be nothing—I honestly can’t imagine my life without her influence and love. I also got somewhat of a surprise call from my sister Lauren after she watched the Lost finale and it made me really happy to talk to her. I really love my sisters—they are so great and I’m so proud of all they are doing. It is really great to have such a special bond with my family, it just makes me sad that I can’t spend more time with them this summer. The good news is that they are coming to Utah in July for the American Idol concert, so I’ll get to visit with them for a few days in July. I am really looking forward to that! I also get to see them in a couple of weeks for my cousin’s wedding and then again for Kevin’s birthday. So, there are many things to look forward to. Man, it is just so nice to be content and satisfied with life, I hope I continue to feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment