Sunday, February 15, 2009

Change of Plans

I was excited about my entry for this week because I was planning on spending the weekend with my family in Las Vegas celebrating my Grandparents 50th Anniversary. But, things changed and I ended up not going to Las Vegas for the big celebration. It has been snowing all week and I was worried about the weather and it creating dangerous conditions for my 5 hour drive to Las Vegas. I even read a news story on Thursday about a 22 car pileup on the I-15 by Beaver, which is the freeway I'd be taking to Las Vegas. So, I chickened out. My parents suggested taking a plane to Las Vegas, but that would cost my parents a lot of money and I would still have to deal with dangerous road conditions from here to Salt Lake City. So, I just decided to stay home. So, needless to say, it has been a little bit of a depressing weekend and I've spent it thinking about my family and how I wish I could be with them.

My week besides this is very boring, so I'm not sure what else I could talk about. My mom had the whole family write a letter to my Grandparents in celebration of their anniversary. Writing my letter reminded me of how much I love and appreciate them. I would go to their farm as a young kid with my other cousins and I have a lot of fond memories from there. I would go on the swing outside, play hide 'n seek with my cousins and sisters, and play card games. One of the best things I remember doing there is writing stories. We would all write our own stories and then share them together. It was such a great experience and it allowed me to feel the love that my grandparents had for me. I really am grateful for all they have done in my life and the example and support they have been to me.

Speaking of writing, I'm still going strong in my creative writing class. I really look forward to writing the next 2,000 words of my story each week, and each week I'm more convinced that I want to be a professional writer. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from my writing group that has given me hope that I can write a good fantasy book. They give me great suggestions on how to improve my story, and I know my story will get better as I incorporate most of their comments.

Besides that it has been a fairly average week of school and work. It was a lot more relaxed of a week in comparison to the previous week, so that was nice. I feel that this next week will be busy though, so I need to get a move on getting some homework done so I don't fall in the same trap I did last week. I have monday off of school, so that will help. So, I'm sorry my life isn't more interesting! If my blog has taught me anything, it has taught me that I need to do more so I have more to write about. So, I hope all of you out there are doing well and that I can overcome my slight depression right now and start really working on my goals. I know I can make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment