Monday, March 2, 2009

Just another week...

This past week has been very good overall. Probably the most exciting thing to report is that I got an e-mail from a band that I really love! About a week ago, I wrote a review on my music blog for an album called "Prickly Pear" by a band called the Source. A couple of days ago, a member of the band wrote me an e-mail to say that the band read my review and they enjoyed the review and felt it was thoughtful, lengthy and positive. It really made my day! I would encourage anyone reading this to read that review. It is in my blog called "Leviathan" and a link to it is on the right hand side of the page. Also, I encourage you to seek out this album because it is incredible and really is growing on me the more I listen to it.

Besides that, I continue to love my creative writing class as I keep mentioning each week. It is really great to see the progress I have made with my book this semester so far. I am going to make sure that I maintain a schedule of writing in my book even after my class has ended. It is so much fun to be able to release these great ideas that have been circulating in my head onto paper. I also got to go to the movies with my best friend Kevin and we had a lot of fun. I cherish these moments where Kevin finally gets a moment to take a break from his busy life and we can just hang out and do something fun for a few hours.

Now, on to the big frustration of the week: cleaning checks. I am very upset with how my apartment complex, Wyview, has treated me and my roommates this past week. Last Saturday (Feb. 21st) we had a cleaning check in the morning at 11:30. We all spent the morning cleaning the apartment and made sure that it looked nice for the cleaning check. Well, we never heard the R.A. come by to do the cleaning check, but when Kevin left the apartment at 11:40 he told me there was a note on the door that the R.A. had come, but we weren't home. Me and Kevin were both in our apartment and it seems suspicious to me that neither of us heard her knock. Either she knocked really lightly or really quickly (or not at all). The note she left for us said that she would be coming back again at 7:50 on Monday night for cleaning checks.

Well, Monday night is not usually a good night for us because we have Family Home Evening, and this week we had a ward Family Home Evening activity that went from 6:30-8:30. Well, we came home around 8 from the activity and the R.A. wasn't there, but our other roommate, Sushant, was there. So, apparently the R.A. never came by that night like she said she would. Then, on Tuesday night, we get a visit from the Hall Advisor who says that the R.A. tried to come three times, but we were never home, so now it was her turn to do our cleaning check. She said she would come back the next night for the cleaning check. Kevin told her that we are all busy with school and work and that she would have to realize that several days had passed since we did our cleaning.

Well, she came back on Wednesday night and was really rude to us saying that our apartment was horrible. She commented on the kitchen floor and accused us of not having cleaned it on Saturday even though me and Kevin both saw Sushant clean it. She said that she has a 5 year old and her floor never gets that dirty. She also commented on other things that were only dirty because we had been using them the last few days since our cleaning check. But, she was really rude and didn't believe us when we told her we cleaned on Saturday and that we were here when the R.A. came by and that she must have not knocked loud enough. She said that now the area manager would have to come for the next cleaning inspection and if it wasn't clean he would talk to us about our contracts.

Well, we got an e-mail from the area manager saying he would come Monday morning between 11 and 12, so we cleaned the apartment really thoroughly last night on Sunday. It was a lot of work and took us from our normal "day of rest". But, the apartment looked spotless when we were finished. Well, we got another e-mail from the area manager this morning saying that he was ill today and wouldn't be able to come by to check our apartment! He said that we would just have normal March cleaning checks with the R.A. and if there was anything wrong, we would have to have a cleaning check straight from him. So, basically, all of our cleaning last night was in vain and we are under a threat for our next cleaning check even though we really haven't done anything wrong. So, this whole experience has been ridiculous to me and I am upset with how Wyview has handled it. In almost 3 years of staying at Wyview I have never had this happen.

So, sorry to leave on a frustrating note, but that is pretty much my week. I hope to have more interesting things to talk about next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment