Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Simple Life


Ah...another week...what happened this week?

I had a very enjoyable week. The most stressful thing I had to deal with was a huge 6 page paper being due in my Anthropology class on Wednesday. I was scared on Tuesday since I had not done much work on the paper and knew I would have to get it all done on that day. Luckily, the process ended up being very painless and I was able to write out the paper within 2 hours, giving me plenty of time to proofread and edit the paper before I had to turn it in the next day. We'll see how I did on that paper in a few weeks. Luckily, even if I didn't do too well, there is always a re-write that I can do to get a better grade. I'm going to need that re-write for the first paper I wrote for that class, but that is another story...

Once that paper was over with, I was able to relax quite a bit and spent my Wednesday enjoying American Idol and Lost, the two shows I most look forward to each week. They were both awesome, as they always are. (In case anyone is interested, I am officially rooting for Adam and Allison on American Idol). I also had a really great meeting with my creative writing group on Thursday, mainly because Joe was sick and wasn't able to attend. It was nice to get many positive comments for a change, and I feel that their more constructive comments are useful and will help me create a better book. Thanks, writing group! I also found out that Joe's brother-in-law was a missionary in my mission named Elder Law. He came to class with Joe, and it was cool to talk to him again.

The most depressing part of my week was witnessing my friend Kevin become swamped with work and homework and hardly being able to interact with him. He was so busy this week that most nights he would come home and immediately go in his room and close the door to start on his homework without even a greeting to me. But, I understand how much he has to do and I've learned that the best way to help him sometimes is to just stay out of his way when he has a lot of work to do.

But, the good thing is that it seems like Kevin's spirits lifted on Saturday and we were able to have a really fun time hanging out. We had a fantastic lunch at Fuddruckers and watched The Goonies, which was a good movie to laugh at due to the clearplay editing and the cheesiness of it. I saw a much better movie that day in theaters called "Knowing". I recommend this movie strongly and consider it to be one of my new favorites. From the commercials, it is a movie about a man and his son uncovering a list of numbers in a time capsule, which they soon discover are predictions for when natural disasters have occured. The is MUCH more to it than this, but I don't want to spoil it. But, it is definitely my favorite movie of the year so far, and may be part of my top ten of all time. A lot of critics don't like it, but I don't get all the criticism for it since I think it is brilliant. Oh well, different people have different opinions.

And, I guess that is about it for my week. Sorry that my life isn't more exciting with trips to find buried treasure and travelling to magical lands of wonder and imagination. But, I like my simple life and finding simple pleasures like watching a few good shows, listening to a good album, or going to lunch with a best friend. These things are what make me happy to live day by day. I don't need to go on extraordinary adventures, I enjoy my simple life, and I hope you can get some enjoyment from reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment