Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Writing Project

I don't know why, but I felt inspired to start writing another book. A flood of new ideas came to me and I just can't help but start to write it. So, I have added a third progress bar on the top right corner of this blog. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to divide my time between the three projects. My hope is that having so many different projects going on will help make sure that I'm not bored with any particular project. We'll see how this goes. It is possible that after a while I'll decide that I don't want to work on this particular novel right now, and I'll put it aside for a while. But, I believe if I'm excited about an idea, I should pursue it while I'm excited about it. But, I believe I will draw the line at three. Any more writing projects at the same time will probably be overkill.

I don't want to say too much about this new project at this time. Partly because I like keeping it a mystery, but also because it is still in its early stages so everything about it is subject to change. I am calling it "The Chosen" for now, but even that title might change. This new book is specifically being written with a Young Adult audience in mind (roughly those from age 13-17). I feel one of the biggest flaws of my Avaria books is that I wrote it only for myself. I didn't really think of what age group might like it or how I might be able to market it. So, since I'm getting more serious about wanting to be published, I've decided that I need to write a book for a specific type of audience.

All I can really say at the moment is that the book will follow a young man named Thomas. He finds out that he is being tested for something, but he has no idea what it is. So, he must survive these brutal tests as he tries to figure out who is responsible for giving him these tests and for what purpose he is being tested. The book will take place in modern day America. It will be mostly a mystery thriller, with perhaps some fantasy/science fiction elements. It should be fun. I know that description is vague and could probably describe several other stories, but I don't want to give too much away yet. I just want to say that I'm very excited about it, and perhaps I'll give more information about it on a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment